lactose tolerance test

(redirected from LTT)
Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.

lactose tolerance test

A clinical test for lactase deficiency in which 100 g of lactose, a disaccharide of glucose and galactose, is administered orally and serum glucose is monitored, as in the glucose tolerance test. Lactose intolerance is presumed to exist if the glucose levels rise less than 20 mg/dL; extreme lactase deficiency is evident by osmotic diarrhoea.

lactose tolerance test

A test for lactase deficiency, based on oral loading of lactose. See Lactose, Lactose intolerance. Cf Glucose tolerance test.
References in periodicals archive ?
As for LTT 1445 AB, NASA noted that its three suns are actually red dwarfs.
LTT 9779b is first discovered by NASA's TESS that stands for Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satelite.
The feel of the LTT's stainless steel trigger is the heart and soul of the pistol.
26, 2018 based on a complaint filed by former LTT employees Katherine Angelica Garcia and Katrina Michelle Labrusca, who alleged that the firm was engaged in securities trading without the authority of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The Elite LTT ships with three 15-round magazines, which is a nice touch.
At present, the Welsh tax legislation relating to LTT contains both targeted anti-avoidance measures and a General Anti-avoidance rule that differs from that England.
"A farm at PS4m would see a Welsh LTT bill of PS218,440 compared to PS189,450 under SDLT."
The tender for the construction of the LTT FOB opened on November 14 at 12.00 hours and was finalised on the same day.
Group Total Control Study Count 3 70 73 +Ve % within LTT 4.1% 95.9% 100.0% SDT % within Group 6.0% 64.0% 48.7% Count 47 30 77 -Ve % within LTT 61.1% 38.9% 100.0% % within Group 94.0% 30% 51.3% Count 50 100 150 Total % within LTT 33.3% 66.7% 100.0% % within Group 100.0% 100.0% 100.0% There were totally 73 people who showed positivity for Serial Dotting Test out of which 70 people (95.9%) were from the study group while the remaining 3 people (4.1%) were from the control group.
The "Learn to Think" (LTT) curriculum begins from everyday life situations and progresses through various subjects and disciplines.
Libyan journalists and residents took the opportunity of World Press Freedom Day to protest on Sunday the ongoing censorship by public company Libya Telecom & Technology (LTT), based in Tripoli, and currently under control of Libya Dawn.