References in periodicals archive ?
Kansas v. Hendricks: Addressing Due Process Challenges to Civil
others." (18) In Kansas v. Hendricks, the State sought to civilly
The Supreme Court dealt with the issue of treatment in even greater depth in Kansas v. Hendricks (72) Leroy Hendricks was a habitual child molester and the first target (73) of Kansas's newly enacted Sexually Violent Predator Act.
Current legal definitions of what constitutes a sexually violent predator can be viewed in light of three recent Supreme Court decisions: (1) in Kansas v. Hendricks (1997), (2) in Seling v.
In 1997, the United States Supreme Court upheld the constitutionality of the Act in Kansas v. Hendricks. (22) However, just five years later, the Court last Term in Kansas v.
In the absence of viable alternatives, the group approached Michigan lawmakers, asking for new legislation consistent with the recently issued Kansas v. Hendricks ruling.
(2) In 1997, the Supreme Court upheld the Kansas civil confinement statute in Kansas v. Hendricks. (3) The Court decided that a state could civilly confine a previously incarcerated sexually violent predator, due to the likelihood that the offender could engage in future criminal acts.
In the first go-round, Kansas v. Hendricks, Justice Clarence Thomas held in his majority opinion that there were no constitutional defects in the Kansas SVP statute, which is typical of laws in other states that have codified this new use of civil commitment.
In Kansas v. Hendricks, the Court held that because "the Act does not establish criminal proceedings and ...
KANSAS V. HENDRICKS: THE SUBSTANTIVE LIMITS OF THE PREVENTIVE STATE
Supreme Court ruled in Kansas v. Hendricks that the state may brand sex offenders as "violent sexual predators" and commit them indefinitely after they have served their full prison sentences, based on speculation about what they might do in the future.
The Supreme Court erred in Kansas v. Hendricks by allowing the civil commitment of Leroy Hendricks under the Kansas Sexually Violent Predator Act.
Medical browser ?
- Kamino, H.
- Kanagawa phenomenon
- Kanavel, Allen B.
- Kandel, Eric R.
- Kandinsky, V.C.
- Kandori, Fumio
- Kane Surgery
- Kaneda anterior spinal system
- kang cancer
- kangaroo care
- kangaroo ligature
- kangaroo mother method
- Kangri Cancer
- Kanner syndrome
- Kanner, Leo
- Kanof, Norman B.
- Kansas v Hendricks
- Kansas v. Hendricks
- Kantian theory
- Kantor, John L.
- kaolin cephalin time
- kaolin clotting time
- kapha diet
- kapha personality
- Kaplan, David M.
- Kaplan-Meier analysis
- Kaplan-Meier estimate
- Kaposi sarcoma
- Kaposi varicelliform eruption
- Kaposi, Moritz
- Kaposi, Moritz K.
- Kaposi’s bulloserpiginous gangrene
- kaposiform hemangioendothelioma
- kaposin B
- Kaposi's sarcoma
Full browser ?
- Kansas Technology Coordinators Network, Inc.
- Kansas Technology Enterprise Corporation
- Kansas Telecommunications Industry Association
- Kansas Title Insurance Corporation
- Kansas Traditional Republican Majority
- Kansas Trails Council
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Kansas Troubles Quilters
- Kansas Turnpike Authority
- Kansas Ultrarunners' Society
- Kansas Uniform Trust Code
- Kansas Union
- Kansas Unity and Pride Alliance
- Kansas Universal Service Fund
- Kansas University
- Kansas University Agile Radio
- Kansas University Cancer Center
- Kansas University Center for Research
- Kansas University Center for TeleMedicine and TeleHealth
- Kansas University Endowment Association
- Kansas University Hospital
- Kansas University Medical Center
- Kansas University Museum of Natural History
- Kansas University Natural History Museum
- Kansas University Physicians, Inc.
- Kansas University Real-Time Linux
- Kansas University School of Medicine
- Kansas University Transportation Center
- Kansas Unix/Linux Users Association
- Kansas v Hendricks
- Kansas v. Hendricks
- Kansas Venture Capital, Inc.
- Kansas Veterans' Home
- Kansas Veterinary Educational Supply Service
- Kansas Veterinary Medical Association
- Kansas Volunteer Commission
- Kansas Walnut Valley Festival
- Kansas Waste Water Inc.
- Kansas Water Appropriation Act of 1945
- Kansas Water Environment Association
- Kansas Water Office
- Kansas Water Plan
- Kansas Wesleyan University
- Kansas West United Methodist Church Conference
- Kansas Western Horseman's Association
- Kansas Wheat Commission
- Kansas Wide area Information Network
- Kansas Wildflower Society
- Kansas Wildlife and Parks Department
- Kansas Wing
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- Kansas Workers Risk Cooperative for Counties
- Kansas Working Papers in Linguistics
- Kansas World Language Association
- Kansas Wrestling Coaches Association
- Kansas Writers Association
- Kansas Young Democrats
- Kansas Young Republicans
- Kansas Youth Empowerment Academy
- Kansas Youth Soccer Association
- Kansas Zen Center