psi(redirected from Italian Socialist Party)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
pounds per square inch.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Upper case psi, the 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. The 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet (ψ).
2. (ψ) Symbol for pseudouridine; pseudo-; wave function; the dihedral angle of rotation about the C1-Cα bond associated with a peptide bond.
3. Pounds per square inch.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
(1) The alleged awareness of another person’s thoughts, allegedly mediated by poorly characterised “factors”.
(2) Reception of information not gained through the physical senses but rather through the mind, which encompasses psychic abilities (e.g., telepathy and clairvoyance) and their transtemporal operation as precognition or retrocognition.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.