involucre(redirected from Involucred)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. An enveloping membrane, for example, a sheath or sac.
2. The sheath of new bone that forms around a sequestrum.
[L. a wrapper, fr. in-volvo, to roll up]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
involucre, involucrum (ĭn′vō-lū″kĕr) (ĭn″vō-lū′krŭm) [″ + volvere, to wrap]
1. A sheath or covering.
2. The covering of newly formed bone enveloping the sequestrum in infection of the bone.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners
- a calyx-like structure formed by bracts below the base of a condensed INFLORESCENCE.
- a growth of the tissue of the thallus in liverworts (see HEPATICA that covers and protects the ARCHEGONIUM.
Collins Dictionary of Biology, 3rd ed. © W. G. Hale, V. A. Saunders, J. P. Margham 2005