integrated services(redirected from Intserv)
Also found in: Acronyms.
integrated servicesA UK term for health services, especially mental health services, in which care is streamlined for efficiency and efficacy, and designed around users who have facilitated access to their care providers. Where possible, the care is provided in the community rather than hospital, and tiered so the amount of intervention reflects the severity of disease.
• Designed around the needs of service users and their carers with their input;
• Facilitate access and promote community rather than hospital care; discharge as soon as possible from hospital;
• Planned, tiered service for psychological interventions with clear pathways, agreed guidelines, competencies and routine outcome measures;
• Demonstrate commitment to quality improvement as set out by the Care Commission and others;
• Offer robust, reliable and safe arrangements for people with mental health problems based on shared assessments of need and management of risk;
• Share information, which requires joint willingness to acquire and use common information about service activity; and
• Require a workforce with skills needed to meet the needs of the service users and their carers.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.