Mentioned in ?
- acquisition matrix
- active life expectancy
- adjuvant analgesic
- androgen-independent prostate cancer
- ascites tumour
- Association of Independent Clinical Research Contractors
- atrial dissociation
- atrioventricular dissociation
- autonomic movement
- balanced placebo design
- bulky disease
- captive IPA
- Care Standards Act 2000
References in classic literature ?
A schoolfellow of Vronsky's and of the same age, he was a general and was expecting a command, which might have influence on the course of political events; while Vronsky, independent and brilliant and beloved by a charming woman though he was, was simply a cavalry captain who was readily allowed to be as independent as ever he liked.
"But," says he, "if by honour you mean the true natural beauty of virtue, I will maintain it may exist independent of any religion whatever.
The GAZETTE warned the electors of Eatanswill that the eyes not only of England, but of the whole civilised world, were upon them; and the INDEPENDENT imperatively demanded to know, whether the constituency of Eatanswill were the grand fellows they had always taken them for, or base and servile tools, undeserving alike of the name of Englishmen and the blessings of freedom.
The Pickwickians had no sooner dismounted than they were surrounded by a branch mob of the honest and independent, who forthwith set up three deafening cheers, which being responded to by the main body (for it's not at all necessary for a crowd to know what they are cheering about), swelled into a tremendous roar of triumph, which stopped even the red-faced man in the balcony.
'Slumkey for ever!' roared the honest and independent.
On examining the first relation, it appears, on one hand, that the Constitution is to be founded on the assent and ratification of the people of America, given by deputies elected for the special purpose; but, on the other, that this assent and ratification is to be given by the people, not as individuals composing one entire nation, but as composing the distinct and independent States to which they respectively belong.
That it will be a federal and not a national act, as these terms are understood by the objectors; the act of the people, as forming so many independent States, not as forming one aggregate nation, is obvious from this single consideration, that it is to result neither from the decision of a MAJORITY of the people of the Union, nor from that of a MAJORITY of the States.
Because, under the national government, treaties and articles of treaties, as well as the laws of nations, will always be expounded in one sense and executed in the same manner, -- whereas, adjudications on the same points and questions, in thirteen States, or in three or four confederacies, will not always accord or be consistent; and that, as well from the variety of independent courts and judges appointed by different and independent governments, as from the different local laws and interests which may affect and influence them.
The habits of intercourse, on the basis of equal privileges, to which we have been accustomed since the earliest settlement of the country, would give a keener edge to those causes of discontent than they would naturally have independent of this circumstance.
A fair-minded survey of the entire independent telephone movement would probably show that it was at first a stimulant, followed, as stimulants usually are, by a reaction.
In 1907 four hundred and fifty-eight thousand independent telephones were linked by wire to the nearest Bell Company; and in 1908 these were followed by three hundred and fifty thousand more.
It was a good thing to have some occupation which was quite independent of other people, she said, when one got old.
Medical browser ?
- Independent Adoption
- independent assortment
- independent contractor
- independent data monitoring committee
- independent healthcare provider
- independent hospital
- independent investigator
- independent living
- independent living center
- independent living model
- independent living movement
- independent living skills
- independent lung ventilation
- independent medical evaluation
- independent medical examiner
- independent nursing actions
- independent practice
- independent practice association
- independent practice association health maintenance organization
- independent prescribing
- independent sector
- independent sector treatment centre
- independent symposium
- independent variable
- Indermil adhesive
- indeterminant colitis
- indeterminate cleavage
- indeterminate leprosy
- index ametropia
- index astigmatism
- index case
- index family
- index finger
- index hypermetropia
- Index Medicus
- index myopia
- index of activities of daily living
- index of inequality
- Index of Medical Underservice
- Index of Multiple Deprivation
- index of refraction
- index of suspicion
- index patient
- indexical signs
- India ink
- India ink capsule stain
- India Ink Cell
Full browser ?
- Independent Zimbabwe Group
- Independent Zinc Alloyers Association
- Independent Zone Routing
- Independent, Intelligent Solutions and Services
- Independent, Lightweight, Elementary, Valid, Accessible
- Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Small, Testable
- independent-expenditure-only committee
- Independent-Frame Video Coding
- Independent-Pair Natural Orbital
- Independent-Pair Natural Spin Orbital
- Independent-Particle Approximation
- independent-particle model
- independent-pole scaffold
- independent-sideband modulation
- independent-sideband receiver
- independent-sideband transmitter
- Independent-Tree Ad Hoc MulticAst Routing
- Independent/Small Business Owners
- Independenter se habet assecuratio a viaggio vanis
- Independently Merging Parent Associations of California
- Independently Moving Object
- Independently-Developable End-User Assessable Logical
- Independents Day
- Independents Day
- Independientes Pro-Frente Nacional
- Inderal la
- Inderal la
- Indermil adhesive