homework

(redirected from Homeworks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Homeworks: houseworks

homework

A task assigned by a mental health counselor for a patient to complete between-therapy sessions.
Medical Dictionary, © 2009 Farlex and Partners
References in periodicals archive ?
Reasons for assigning homework. The teachers were asked about their reasons for assigning homework.
Value placed on homework. Participants were asked about the value they place on homework in terms of whether they think doing homework is important and useful in helping students to learn and also whether it is beneficial for students in areas that are not part of the science course, such as other courses and in daily life (See Table 4).
Communications with parents about homework. The participants' responses to items assessing communication with parents revealed that about one third of the teachers (N = 57, 34.5 per cent) never or rarely talked to the parents who intervened too much in their children's homework while the rest of the teachers (N = 108, 65.5 per cent) more frequently talked to parents demonstrating such behaviour (See Table 5).
The relationships among class size, frequency of giving homework, value attached to homework, communication with parents and homework completion rates
The relationships among class size, the frequency of giving homework, value a teacher gives to homework, communication with parents and students' homework completion rates were investigated through SEM using LISREL 8.8 (Joreskog and Sorbom, 2007).
According to the parameter estimates, class size was a significant and a negative predictor of the value teachers give to homework ([beta] = -0.22) which means that teachers are likely to give less value to homework if the class size is large.
The present study examined Turkish middle school science teachers' perceptions and self-reported practices regarding homework. The teachers reported assigning homework frequently with the majority of the teachers assigning homework either once a week or at the end of every lesson.
Additionally, the results revealed that science teachers tended to assign a variety of homework types without focusing on a single specific type of homework.
The teachers' answers to reasons for giving homework revealed that they assign homework mainly to help students learn the subject matter (e.g.
In addition, the results revealed that participants placed high value on homework. The majority of the science teachers thought that homework was useful and important in that it helped students learn science concepts and was beneficial for other courses and for daily life, as well.
Moreover, structural equation modelling results revealed that class size was a negative predictor of the value teachers placed on homework which means that teachers seemed to give less value to homework in large classes.
In addition, according to the descriptive findings, more than half of the participants (58.8 per cent) thought that they had not been given sufficient pre-service training in effective homework and only a small percent of teachers (12.0 per cent) took in-service education in homework.