HQS accreditationHealth Quality Service accreditation. HQS is an operating division of CHKS Ltd, a company specialising in healthcare knowledge management, and a corporate member of the International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua), the UK Accreditation Forum and the NHS Confederation. HQS is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service to award ISO 9001:2000 certification. HQS accreditation is designed to improve health services for patients by working with healthcare organisations to develop their capacity for continuous quality improvement.
HQS accreditation programmes for UK healthcare services
• NHS Trusts, including mental health trusts.
• Primary care trusts.
• Primary healthcare teams—GP practices.
• Independent sector hospitals.
• Hospices and specialist palliative care services.
• Care Homes.
• Day Surgery Services in association with the British Association of Day Surgery.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.