fang(redirected from Fangless)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A long tooth or tusk, usually a canine.
2. The hollow tooth of a snake through which the venom is ejected.
[A.S. fōhan, to seize]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. Any of the hollow or grooved teeth of a venomous snake with which it injects venom.
2. A long, sharp, pointed tooth, especially a canine tooth of a carnivorous animal, such as a dog or wolf, with which it seizes and tears its prey.
3. The root of a tooth or a pronglike division of such a root.
4. A fanglike structure, especially a chelicera of a venomous spider.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.