Management president Tomohiko Miyahara said the success of the flagship town would enable Panasonic to promote its business-to-business (B2B) strategy as well as to showcase its capabilities and expand its property developments to regional and international markets.
During this same time period, the number of gaming devices operated by the FSST has also increased.
339) While reported gaming for all tribes in the South Dakota may have decreased between 2006 and 2007, the FSST reported a significant gain in gaming in July 2008.
Since the first class III tribal-state gaming compact was executed by Governor Mickelson with the FSST in 1990, the State has negotiated separate but nearly identical compacts with each Gaming Tribe.
The FSST wants to build a destination resort with an unlimited or a market-based number of gaming devices.
355) For instance, if the FSST is granted an additional 250 slot machines, the FSST would likely realize increased gross revenues of over $12.
Second, if the FSST is granted a significant increase in gaming devices, it is highly unlikely that the great revenue divide between the FSST and the other Gaming Tribes would be improved.
177) Since Gilbert was an enrolled member bringing a claim against the FSST under the tribal political activity policy, it is "[u]nquestionabl[e], in such a situation [that] a state court would lack subject matter jurisdiction[.
In its briefs and arguments, the FSST never brought up the question of the state court's jurisdiction.
191) In Gilbert, the FSST had the authority to exercise exclusive jurisdiction; however, the South Dakota Supreme Court's adjudication of the issue resulted in an infringement of the FSST's right to self-government, thereby weakening the tribal court's authority.
193) In the case of Gilbert, the dispute was an internal tribal matter: the parties were Indian, the tribal member was employed by the FSST, and the political activity ordinance was tribal law.
Though the FSST elected to receive coverage from the state unemployment insurance program, the State of South Dakota had no interest justifying state jurisdiction.