References in periodicals archive ?
Expedition medicine: A southern African perspective
I became interested in expedition medicine when I was personally involved in a student expedition to Lake Chad, an activity that would now be impossible due to Boko Haram.
When she qualifies, Jo is considering a career in acute medicine with expedition medicine.
Okay, this patient wanted to show off his expedition medicine skills.
CARDIFF University's Wilderness and Expedition Medicine Society (WEMS) will be scaling the Three Peaks Challenge in just 24 hours to raise money for Wales Air Ambulance.
As described on the WMS Web site (www.wms.org), completion of the 100-hour program offers a way to "identify those who have achieved a demanding set of requirements validating their training in wilderness medicine for the assurances of patients, clients, and the public at large." Applicants have 5 years to complete course work that includes core curricula in diverse wilderness medicine topics; diving and hyperbaric medicine; expedition medicine; and wilderness emergencies and trauma management.
The 12 students had a practical session on resuscitation with medical emergencies' doctor Les Milne, a tour of Welshpool Community Hospital with Dr Michael Lewis, a discussion on medical ethics with Dr Tony Evans, plus a presentation on expedition medicine by Dr Simon Currin, a Montgomery GP.
[2,20-22] In this edition of SAMJ, we address the fundamental concepts of expedition medicine, from participant screening and selection of suitable medical supplies to the epidemiology, roles and psychological aspects encountered on expeditions.
His first Explore led to a post as an assistant expedition medic, which gave him a taste of expedition medicine and altitude-physiology field research.
The field of travel medicine is ever-expanding with claim-staking names such as expedition medicine, geographic medicine, tropical medicine, international health, polar medicine, international telemedicine, field medicine, and military medicine.
Wilderness and expedition medicine, therefore, is as purposeful as the expedition itself: predicted, planned, and pragmatically performed.
Medical browser ?
- expansion arch
- expansion of morbidity
- expansion prosthesis
- Expansion Reconstruction
- expansion screw
- expectant faith
- expectant patient
- expectant treatment
- expectation of life
- expectation of life at age x
- expectation of life at birth
- expected date of confinement
- expected date of delivery
- expected outcome
- Expedition Medicine
- experience hypothesis
- experience rating
- experiential aura
- experimental allergic encephalomyelitis
- experimental arthritis
- experimental cytology
- experimental design
- experimental device
- experimental error
- experimental group
- experimental medicine
- experimental method
- experimental neurosis
- experimental pathology
- experimental procedure
- experimental psychology
- experimental treatment
- experimenter effect
- experimenter effects
Full browser ?
- Expedited Transport Service Data Unit
- Expediting the Process of Experiments to the Space Station
- Expedition Assessor Accreditation Scheme
- Expédition Glaciologique Internationale au Groenland
- Expedition Leadership Style Analysis
- Expedition Medicine
- Expedition Medicine Sierra Leone
- Expedition of Humphrey Clinker, The
- Expedition of the Russian Navy to America in 1863–64
- Expedition of the Russian Navy to the Bosporus in 1833
- Expedition race
- Expedition ship
- Expedition Yachts International
- Expedition, Scientific
- Expeditionary Advanced Base Operations
- Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron
- expeditionary aerospace forces
- Expeditionary Air Base
- Expeditionary Air Base Group
- Expeditionary Air Control Squadron
- Expeditionary Air Defense System
- Expeditionary Air Mobility Squadron
- Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron
- Expeditionary Air Support Operations Group
- Expeditionary Air Wing
- Expeditionary Airborne Air Control Squadron
- Expeditionary Airborne Command Control Squadron
- Expeditionary Airfield
- Expeditionary Airfield Service Unit
- Expeditionary Base Information Infrastructure
- Expeditionary Bomb Squadron
- Expeditionary Campaign Infrastructure
- Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron
- Expeditionary Combat Readiness Center
- Expeditionary Combat School