carve-out(redirected from Equity carve out)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial.
That portion of a provider bill denied for payment (for example, by an insurer). The term may be modified by a time period (for example, day c.), for a Sunday when no diagnostic or specific therapeutic activities were undertaken for a hospitalized patient.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
carve-outadjective Referring or pertaining to:
(1) A program that excludes certain services—usually from an organisation’s capitated rate—and tends to focus on one disease in depth;
(2) An arrangement in which some benefits (e.g., mental health) are removed from coverage provided by an insurance plan, but are provided through a contract with a separate set of providers;
(3) A population subgroup for whom separate healthcare arrangements are made.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
carve-outManaged care adjective Referring to
1. A program that excludes certain services—usually from an organization's capitated rate—and tends to focus on one disease in depth.
2. An arrangement in which some benefits–eg mental health are removed from coverage provided by an insurance plan, but are provided through a contract with a separate set of providers.
3. A population subgroup for whom separate health care arrangements are made.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Portion of a health care provider's charges denied for payment (e.g., by an insurer).
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012