carve-out(redirected from Equity carve out)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial.
That portion of a provider bill denied for payment (for example, by an insurer). The term may be modified by a time period (for example, day c.), for a Sunday when no diagnostic or specific therapeutic activities were undertaken for a hospitalized patient.
a service not covered in a health insurance contract. It is usually reimbursed according to a different arrangement or rate formula than those services specified under the contract umbrella.
carve-outadjective Referring or pertaining to:
(1) A program that excludes certain services—usually from an organisation’s capitated rate—and tends to focus on one disease in depth;
(2) An arrangement in which some benefits (e.g., mental health) are removed from coverage provided by an insurance plan, but are provided through a contract with a separate set of providers;
(3) A population subgroup for whom separate healthcare arrangements are made.
carve-outManaged care adjective Referring to
1. A program that excludes certain services—usually from an organization's capitated rate—and tends to focus on one disease in depth.
2. An arrangement in which some benefits–eg mental health are removed from coverage provided by an insurance plan, but are provided through a contract with a separate set of providers.
3. A population subgroup for whom separate health care arrangements are made.
Portion of a health care provider's charges denied for payment (e.g., by an insurer).