Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
2. bulbar paralysis.
3. tabes dorsalis.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
Duchenne's diseaseAny of a number of conditions described by or otherwise linked to Guillaume Benjamin Amand Duchenne de Boulogne (1806–1875):
(1) Duchenne muscular dystrophy, see there;
(2) Progressive muscular atrophy, see there (also known as Aran-Duchenne disease);
(3) Erb-Duchenne paralysis, upper brachial plexus paralysis;
(4) Tabes dorsalis, see there;
(5) Spinal muscle atrophy, see there.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.