diversion(redirected from Diversion capacity)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. The process of rerouting an ambulance to a facility other than the closest appropriate facility.
2. To create or bypass in the body.
1. In hospital management, the routing of patients away from one facility to others, usually because the first institution is inaccessible, overcrowded, or understaffed.
2. In surgery, the redirection of the normal flow of body contents from one organ to another.
3. The illicit use of a controlled substance for a purpose other than that which was intended by its prescriber.