Dictyoptera


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to Dictyoptera: order Dictyoptera, Hemiptera

Dictyoptera

an order of insects that includes cockroaches and mantises. They possess tough, narrow forewings and broad, membranous hind wings, though some do not fly; they have long antennae and biting mouthparts.
Mentioned in ?
References in periodicals archive ?
Order Dictyoptera, Thysanura, Dermaptera and Embioptera were the orders with least number of species which are either wingless or possess wings but are not actively flying insects.
Order Abundance Species Richness Acari 165 20 Araneida 248 - Coleoptera 25 14 Collembola 1 1 Dictyoptera 2 2 Diptera 222 57 Ephemeroptera 1 1 Hemiptera 2 2 Homoptera 36 16 Hymenoptera 39 16 Lepidoptera 4 4 Neuroptera 14 7 Orthoptera 13 6 Psocoptera 36 11 Thysanoptera 3 3 TOTAL 811 160 Table 2.
Hemocytes of representatives of Dictyoptera order are motile ones; phagocytes are represented at all stages of their life circle and form cellular component of insects' congenital immune system at postembryonic stage of life [7, 8, 9].
This species has other uses related to the control of malaria (and other insect-born diseases) such as repellency against Culicidae, Muscidae and Dictyoptera.
Son notorios los cambios a nivel del mar los resultados cambian, ya que el presente estudio arrojo a Blattelidae (Dictyoptera) como el orden mas abundante lo cual no sorprende ya que los organismos pertenecientes al orden Dictyoptera son cosmopolitas y se adaptan muy bien a casi cualquier lugar del mundo (De la Fuente 1994).
Las especies de la Familia Nephridiophagidae Sprague ("nefridiofagidos") son protistas esporogenicos simbiontes en los tubulos de Malpighi de insectos, mayormente de los ordenes Dictyoptera y Coleoptera (Lange, 1993; Haussmann et al.
A fossil mantis (Insecta, Mantodea) in Cretaceous amber of New Jersey: with comments on the early history of the Dictyoptera.
inmaduros Blatella Dictyoptera actividad hojas y germanica repelente frutos (L.
Orthoptera, Coleoptera, Hymenoptera and Araneae made up 72% of the prey diet, the remaining 28% being mainly Isoptera, Dictyoptera, Diptera, Neuroptera, Odonata, Lepidoptera and Dermaptera.
The remaining five categories, Scorpionida (scorpions), Lepidoptera larvae (butterflies), Coleoptera (beetles), Dictyoptera (roaches), and Isopoda (isopods) were considered rare and were pooled into a single prey category for subsequent analyses.
expuso la conferencia "Explorando las contribuciones al estudio de las mariposas colombianas" en el III simposio de Lepidopterologia, y fue asistente en el I Simposio de Dictyoptera (ver fotografia anexa).