USP33(redirected from Deubiquitinating enzyme 33)
USP33A gene on chromosome 1p31.1 that encodes a deubiquitinating enzyme involved in:
• Cell migration via its interaction with intracellular domain of ROBO1, which regulates Slit signalling;
• Slit-dependent commissural axon guidance across the ventral midline of the neural tube, possibly by mediating ROBO1 deubiquitination;
• Regulating G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) signalling by deubiquitinating beta-arrestins (ARRB1 and ARRB2) and beta-2 adrenergic receptor (ADRB2);
• ADRB2 recycling and resensitisation after prolonged agonist stimulation; and
• DIO2 deubiquitination and thyroid hormone regulation.
USP33 mediates deubiquitination of 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitinated chains.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.