lag(redirected from Delayed data feed)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. the time elapsing between application of a stimulus and the resulting reaction.
2. the early period after inoculation of bacteria into a culture medium, in which the growth or cell division is slow.
lag of accommodation the extent to which the eyes fail to focus accurately.
anaphase lag delayed movement during anaphase of one homologous chromosome in mitosis or of one chromatid in meiosis, so that the chromosome is not incorporated into the nucleus of one of the daughter cells; the result is one normal cell and one cell with monosomy.
jet lag see jet lag.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. To move or progress more slowly than normal; to fall behind.
2. The act or condition of falling behind.
3. The time interval between a change in one variable and a consequent change in another variable.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012