cuneiform(redirected from Cuneiform script)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
wedge-shaped; applied particularly to three of the tarsal bones of the foot. See anatomic Table of Bones in the Appendices.
cu·ne·i·form(kū'ne-i-fōrm), Avoid the mispronunciation cune'iform.
a. Of or relating to any of various related writing systems of the ancient Near East having characters formed by the arrangement of small wedge-shaped elements and used to write Sumerian, Akkadian, Elamite, Hittite, Old Persian, and other languages.
b. Relating to, composed in, or using such characters.
3. Anatomy Of, relating to, or being a wedge-shaped bone or cartilage.
1. Cuneiform writing.
2. Anatomy A wedge-shaped bone, especially one of three such bones in the tarsus of the foot.
1. Denotes anything wedge shaped.
2. Especially denotes three distal tarsal bones (i.e., the medial, lateral, and intermediate cuneiform bones).
2. One of the three wedge-shaped bones in the foot.