co-proxamol

Co-proxamol

A brand name for a painkilling mixture of PARACETAMOL and DEXTROPROPOXYPHENE. Also known as Distalgesic.

co-proxamol

dextropropoxyphene 32.5 mg and paracetamol 325 mg; very effective analgesic drug now withdrawn from use in the UK due to overdose risk
References in periodicals archive ?
CO-PROXAMOL Co-proxamol is used for mild to moderate pain relief is a combination of two active ingredients, dextropropoxyphene and paracetamol, which is typically included as a lower 350mg dose compared with the standard 500mg dose of paracetamol when taken alone.
Treatments which could no longer be available on NHS prescription are: | Co-proxamol - a painkiller previously licensed in the UK until it was withdrawn from the market in 2007 due to safety concerns.
Other treatments being considered include 'suncream, gluten-free foods, travel vaccines, omega 3 fish and fish oils, co-proxamol painkillers and muscle pain rubs'.
Other treatments being considered by the NHS include sun cream as well as gluten-free foods, travel vaccines, omega 3 fish and fish oils and co-proxamol pain killers and muscle pain rubs.
I also said it was unlikely that a man of his great scientific knowledge would have chosen such uncertain methods as these to kill himself - a pruning knife and co-proxamol tablets.
Pathologist Mark Lord found in a post mortem examination that Mr Williams had taken an overdose of the painkilling tablets co-proxamol, and alcohol.
Dr Kelly had also taken an overdose of co-proxamol tablets.
He also found the scientist took an overdose of co-proxamol tablets - a painkiller commonly used for arthritis - and that he was suffering from an undiagnosed heart condition.
But Michael Powers QC, a former assistant coroner, said the cuts would not have caused him to bleed to death, and that there was only a nor-r mal dose of co-proxamol present in Dr Kelly's body.
Systematic overview of co-proxamol to assess analgesic effects of addition of dextropropoxyphene to paracetamol.
Coroner Phillip Walters recorded a verdict of accidental death, stating the cause of death as an overdose of Co-Proxamol medication.
QI WAS treated with co-proxamol for years for back pain but now it has been taken off the market because of safety issues.