References in periodicals archive ?
this want was one of the chiefe causes of the great neglect, or
(31) By this time England and France were again at war and Richards was anxious to complete the redoubt, which he described as "ye chiefe support", and secure the entrance to the harbour.
Like some weake Lords, neighbord by mighty kings, To keepe themselves and their chiefe cities free Do easly yeeld, that all their coasts may be Ready to store their campes of needfull things: So Stella's heart, finding what power Love brings To keepe its selfe in life and liberty, Doth willing graunt that in the frontiers he Use all to helpe his other conquerings: And thus her heart escapes, but thus her eyes Serve him with shot, her lips his heralds arre, Her breasts his tents, legs his triumphall carre: Her flesh his food, her skin his armour brave, And I, but for because my prospect lies Upon that coast, am giv'n up for a slave.
I speake not onely for eyes priviledge, The chiefe exterior that I would enjoy: But for thy perill, far beyond my paine, Thy sweete soules losse, more than my eyes vaine lack; A cause internall, and eternall too.
...when I found in the first Patent graunted by Queen Marie to the Muscovie companie, that my lord your father being then lord high Admirall of England, was one of the first favourers and furtherers, with his purse, and countenance, of the strange and wonderfull Discoverie of Russia, the chiefe contents of this present Volume, then I remembered the sage saying of sweet Isocrates, That sonnes ought not onely to be inheriters of their fathers substance, but also of their commendable vertues and honors.
For Pole, the popes were 'the right heirs to St Peter, to whome and hys successors Christ himself chiefe hedd of the Church in hevene and in earth hath given in earth to bere hys place': all monarchs must therefore defer in spiritual matters to that higher power.
Wee look upon your prudence and resolution amidst such disorders & in soe Tempestious a time to bee the Chiefe meanes that Wee received, a Tollerable Trade the last yeare, and that Wee have our Factory Preserved....
"We are proud about receiving this international prize which affirms the leading role of the bank in Bahrain and GCC states," BisB chiefe executive officer Mohammed Ebrahim said.
(59) As Gerald Aungier, the English Company President in Surat noted at this time on Caron's "gifts" for a visiting Mughal dignitary "French Gallantry exceeded all compare for theire Chiefe Directeur, the Here Caron, made him a present to the vallue of 10,000 in horses, Rich Tapestry, [and] Brasse Guns".
Writing some two centuries earlier about Dover's Olympics, British poet Robert Griffin provided the inevitable illusion to the chivalric model of King Arthur: "Nere was the Famous Isle honor'd before,/ With such brave games, since that brave heroe dy'd/The worlds chiefe worthy; and stout Brittons pryd,/Arthur, with his rotund of Knights" (Walbancke).
Natures chiefe pride Posie IIII.33: Natures pride Moderatus, sig.
Neil Barker, TWM's acting chiefe executive, said: "This donation is very much down to our employees who asked us to support the fantastic work of the Children's Hospital, since so many families in our region have been helped by its excellent work."
Medical browser ?
- chiclero ulcer
- Chiclero’s Ulcer
- chiclero's ulcer
- chicungunya fever
- Chief Administrative Medical Officer
- chief agglutination
- chief agglutinin
- chief cell
- chief cell of parathyroid gland
- chief cells
- chief complaint
- chief executive
- chief executive officer
- chief medical officer
- Chief Nursing Officer
- chief of service
- chief of staff
- chief resident
- chief syndrome
- Chiene’s line
- Chiene's test
- Chievitz layer
- Chievitz organ
- Chievitz, Johan H.
- chignon disease
- chignon fungoid
- chigoe infestation
- Chikungunya fever
- chikungunya virus
- Chilaiditi syndrome
- Chilaiditi, Demetrius
- chilblain lupus
- chilblain lupus erythematosus
- chilblain lupus type 1
- chilblain lupus type 2
Full browser ?
- Chief, Bureau of Ordnance
- Chief, Bureau of Ships
- Chief, Central Security Service
- Chief, Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency Directive
- Chief, Host Aviation Resource Management
- Chief, joint mortuary affairs office
- Chief, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Chief, Naval Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy Section, Military Assistance Advisory Group
- Chief, Navy-Marine Corps Military Affiliate Radio System
- Chief, Office of Auxiliary/Chief Director, Auxiliary
- Chief, Officer Training Program
- Chief, Standardization & Evaluation
- Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School
- chiefs of naval operations
- Chiefs of Ontario
- Chiefs of Service
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- chiefs of staff
- Chiefs of Staff Committee
- chiefs of state