casual

(redirected from Casual dress)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.

casual

adjective Occurring unpredictably; irregular.

casual

an introduced plant that has not become established in an area but which may occur away from cultivation.
References in periodicals archive ?
The implementation of a business casual dress code for NBA players sends a major message, one long overdue.
"During a typical 40-hour week, we billed fewer hours than before we allowed casual dress. In some weeks, we lost as much as 20% to 25% in productivity."
This holiday season--continuing a trend that started around Labor Day--may mark the end of yet another mainstay of the happy-go-lucky dot.com era: the casual dress code.
Declarations of atheism, casual dress and beards and mustaches can result in termination.
Something new: The recommended clothing for the meeting will be casual dress.
The MPs felt that the casual dress and the mobile phones were harming the prestige of the Seym - the Lithuanian Parliament.
And those who feel smart casual dress is the most suitable acceptable has dropped from 56 per cent to 45 per cent.
In 1992, 24% of the companies polled reported a casual dress policy either one day a week or every day; in 1995, 71% reported casual wear policies and in 1999, 95%.
Despite the societal trend toward more casual dress in the workplace, the results of the recent survey resembled those of similar surveys 2 decades ago: Regardless of physicians' age, race, or sex, patients preferred to see their doctors in traditional garb (white coat, dress shoes, name badge), rather than in casual wear like sandals and blue jeans.
Perhaps one of the most notable has been the blurring of the line that separates traditional business attire and classic business casual dress. Ask anyone in the business world what their interpretation of business casual is and the answer you get will be as varied as the taste and personality of the people you ask.
We suspect that America's Bes t and most progressive companies have already climbed on the Internet bandwagon and are signaling their organizations' strengths in the following areas: corporate mission statements, community outreach, worklife balance policies, and casual dress policies.
companies say they now have a policy permitting business casual dress in the office.