* CAPSET I is the Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF)-level combat operation center, or I MEF COC used during Operation Iraqi Freedom
* CAPSET II is the MEF's major subordinate command-level (MSC-level) COC, such as the Marine Aircraft Wing.
* CAPSET III is the regimental, air group and logistic group-level COC.
* CAPSET IV is the battalion and squadron-level COC.
* CAPSET V is the term for C2 requirements below the battalion and squadron-level COC and represents the integration of requirements down to the individual Marine.
Capability Sets (CAPSETS) were developed to deliver integrated MAGTF C2 capabilities across MAGTF echelons.
MAGTF C2 CAPSETS address the need to support the operational command and control requirements specific to the expeditionary needs of the MAGTF.
Common, modular and scalable CAPSETS will alleviate the need for continual training on disparate systems, as well as reducing maintenance, repair and replacement part costs, and they support the ability to "fix forward." CAPSETS provide a simplified, intuitive user interface to decrease the training required on the system.
Lessons learned from CAPSETS in theater now enable spiralin DOTMLPF improvements gleaned from the Marines in combat with an emphasis on enhancing CAPSETS capabilities while reducing training requirements.