Mentioned in ?
- active immunization
- AGREE Collaboration
- Alberta Certified Preconditioned Feeder Program
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Asarum canadense
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada
- baby shortage
- Bill 26
- bracken food poisoning
- Bruce County Project
- CAESAR AIDS study
- Canada balsam
- Canada garlic
- Canada thistle
References in periodicals archive ?
A scrappy second edition of the Dictionary of Canadianisms on Historical Principles (DCHP-2), released online as www.
In the "Canadian English Lab" they completed the main data collection for the Bank of Canadian English by fall 2010, based on a data "harvesting" scheme and a list of codified Canadianisms compiled from three print dictionaries (Canadian Oxford Dictionary 2004, the Gage Canadian Dictionary 1997 and the ITP Nelson Dictionary 1997).
Toque," for the ubiquitous close-fitting winter hat, "one of the most widely known Canadianisms," is discussed in detail, ending with the dry note that "Today's common spelling toque with the pronunciation confuses many non-Canadians.
In the present study, we postulate five factors affecting the acquisition of Canadianisms by ESL learners, each of which is related to one of the main aspects of Gu's model.
In other words, degrees of usefulness exist among Canadianisms, and we do not expect learners to acquire them in random order.
Second, the longer a learner stays in Canada, the more likely he or she is to be exposed to a larger number of Canadianisms and to acquire them.
We posit a weak connection between English proficiency level and acquisition of Canadianisms because we surmise that other factors, which we are not attempting to measure-such as personality type--may be more relevant to the task.
Fourth, learners' native language might be a variable that affects their acquisition of Canadianisms.
Last but not least, we expect to find that international English learners studying in Canada are not systematically exposed to Canadianisms.
The second survey was administered to ESL teachers; it explored teachers' attitudes toward teaching Canadianisms and their approaches to teaching them.
The publishers hope that, as a contribution to Centennial thinking, the Dictionary of Canadianisms will assist in the identification, not only of Canadianisms but of whatever it is that we may call "Canadianism" (v)
8) In the concluding paragraph of the passage, the temporal, spatial, and ethnic range all collapse onto a tautology: the Dictionary of Canadianisms will contribute to Canadian identity because it contains Canadianisms.
Medical browser ?
- Canadian casting
- Canadian classification
- Canadian crutch
- Canadian C-spine rule
- Canadian Dental Association
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association
- Canadian Dental Hygienists' Association
- Canadian Eskimo dog
- Canadian hairless cat
- Canadian horsepox
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Canadian Journal of Dental Hygiene
- Canadian Journal of Public Health
- Canadian Kennel Club
- Canadian Medical Association Journal
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Canadian Nurses Association Testing Service
- Canadian Nurses Association Testing Services
- Canadian Nurses Foundation
- Canadian Nurses Respiratory Society
- Canadian Occupational Performance Measure
- Canadian Orthopedic Nurses Association
- Canadian Plan
- Canadian Public Health Association
- Canadian Transport Emergency Centre
- canal debridement
- canal for pharyngotympanic (auditory) tube
- canal for pharyngotympanic tube
- canal for tensor tympani (muscle)
- canal for vertebral artery
- canal obturation
- canal of Corti
- canal of Hovius
- canal of Lambert
- canal of Schlemm
- canal of stapedius muscle
- canal wall down mastoidectomy
- canal wall up mastoidectomy
- Canaleparolina darwiniensis
- canales semicircularis posterior
- Canale-Smith syndrome
- canalicular abscess
- canalicular adenoma
Full browser ?
- Canadian Zinc Corporation
- Canadian Zionist Cultural Association
- Canadian Zionist Federation
- Canadian-African Newcomer Aid Centre of Toronto
- Canadian-Born Indian
- Canadian-British Engineering Consultants
- Canadian-Chile Free Trade Agreement
- Canadian-Cuban Friendship Association
- Canadian-Cuban Projects Team
- Canadian-International Nurse Researcher Database
- Canadian-Off Highway Vehicle Distributors Council
- Canadian-South Pacific Ocean Development Program
- Canadian-US Test and Evaluation Program
- Canadian/American Border Trade Alliance
- Canadian/US Atlantic Joint Preparedness Team
- Canadian/US Trade Agreement
- Canadians Advocating Political Participation
- Canadians Against Palestine Liberation Organization Terrorism
- Canadians against Same-Sex Marriage
- Canadians against Slavery and Torture in Sudan
- Canadians for a Genocide Museum
- Canadians for a Tropical Province
- Canadians for Ethical Treatment of Food Animals
- Canadians for Fair and Equitable Taxation
- Canadians for Israel's Legal Rights
- Canadians for Justice and Peace in the Middle East
- Canadians for Language Fairness
- Canadians for Properly Built Homes
- Canadians for Proportional Representation
- Canadians for Responsible and Safe Highways
- Canadians for Safe Access
- Canadians for Safe and Sober Driving
- Canadians for Tax Fairness
- Canadians Human Rights Voice
- Canadien National
- Canadiens pour la Justice et la Paix au Moyen-Orient