BravelleA lyophilised formulation of follicle-stimulating hormone purified from the urine of postmenopausal women, which is used to induce ovulation and as part of the regimen for assisted reproductive technologies—e.g., in vitro fertilisation.
• High FSH level indicating primary ovarian failure;
• Uncontrolled thyroid and adrenal dysfunction;
• An organic intracranial lesion—especially pituitary tumours;
• Any cause of infertility other than anovulation;
• Abnormal bleeding of undetermined origin;
• Ovarian cysts or enlargement not due to polycystic ovary syndrome;
• Prior hypersensitivity to urofollitropins, purified;