References in periodicals archive ?
scientists studying bacterial and fungal diseases, wrote the National Institutes of Health to argue that the funding agency's emphasis on bio-defense research had diverted resources from studying germs that cause more significant disease.
Among the companies that manufacture PCR systems for bio-defense applications are Applied Biosystems, Cepheid, Idaho Technology, Ibis Technologies and Smiths Detection.
(9) Although the National Institutes of Health (NIH) bio-defense budget surged from a few hundred million dollars in 2002 to $1.5 billion in 2003, and the government has both spurred private companies to renew production of smallpox vaccine and directed the Department of Health and Human Services to begin stockpiling additional drugs, little has been done to restructure the overall health system to enable a rapid response to a major catastrophe.
"At every turn, whether we are talking about calmatives or bio-defense, we are acting to give the impression that we are involved in offensive biological-weapons development," says CUNY professor Barbara Hatch Rosenberg, who chairs the Federation of American Scientists working group on biological weapons.
In fact, the FBI has hired some 20 expert consultants to assist with the anthrax investigation, and most of them belong to the government bio-defense establishment.
(MAL; Larchmont, NY) will begin the publication of Biosecurity: The Journal of Bio-defense Strategy, Practice and Science with a Fall 2002 issue.
So vigilance, good health, and exercise are our first-line of bio-defense. Our military health care system is also poised to identify and respond to any bio-attack threat.
Existing mechanisms must be strengthened and exercised, and DOD's bio-defense assets should be more effectively integrated for both traditional military operations abroad as well as civil defense at home.
"We're looking into countries where these threats might emerge from--Pakistan and elsewhere, and working with them to try to set up cooperative relationships in bio-surveillance and detection, and more broadly, bio-defense," said Harvey.
An American bio-defense analyst living in Europe has told World Net Daily that if the U.S.
Use EYE on Congress to encourage visits to local delegations regarding legislation on nuclear weapons, space militarization, bio-defense and other military budget items--always offering SANE budget alternatives.
Medical browser ?
- BioChromatic Integration Device
- biocompatible material
- bioconcentration factor
- biodegradable polymer
- biodynamic agriculture
- biodynamic massage
- biodynamic psychology
- biodynamic psychotherapy
- bioelectric potential
- bioelectrical impedance
- bioelectrical impedance analysis
Full browser ?
- Bio-Cellular Research Organization
- Bio-Chem Terrorism
- Bio-Chem Warefare
- Bio-Chemical Terrorism
- Bio-Chemical Terrorist
- Bio-Chemical Terrorists
- Bio-Chemical Warfare
- bio-combinatorial chemistry
- Bio-Concentration Factor
- Bio-Defense Research Group, Inc.
- Bio-Dynamic Association of India
- Bio-Dynamic Research Institute
- Bio-Economic Model
- Bio-Electric Field Enhancement
- Bio-Electrical Stimulation Therapy
- Bio-Electronic Navigator
- Bio-Electronique Vincent
- Bio-Elektro-Magnetische Energie-Regulation
- Bio-Energetic Practitioner
- Bio-Energetic Transduction-Aided Resonance
- Bio-Energy Association of Sri Lanka
- Bio-Energy Capital Grants Scheme
- Bio-Energy Partners
- Bio-Energy Research Group
- Bio-Energy Wellness Center