bacon(redirected from Back rasher)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Harry E., 20th-century U.S. proctologist. See: Bacon anoscope.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
baconA cured meat from pigs and hogs, which usually has veins of white fat running through it.
• Every 2 rashers/slices of bacon per day increases the risk of pancreatic cancer by 19% (based on a meta-analysis which pooled 11 studies involving 6000 patients).
• Increased risk of COPD, likely due to the sodium nitrite which is used as a preservative in pork products.
• Heart disease and diabetes—here linked to chemical preservatives
• Trichinosis—caused by Trichinella spiralis, a roundworm, the larvae of which encyst in muscle.
The first step involves soaking in brine or dry packing, followed by boiling or smoking.
BACONA chemotherapy regimen for patients with inoperable non-small cell carcinoma of the lung, consisting of:
• Oncovin (vincristine); and
• Nitrogen mustard.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.