Agonist/Antagonist Muscle Pair
Agonist/Antagonist Muscle PairA dyad of muscles that essentially counteract each other’s activity about a joint.
• Pectorals/latissimus dorsi—pecs and lats
• Anterior deltoids/posterior deltoids—front and back shoulder
• Trapezius/deltoids—traps and delts
• Abdominals/spinal erectors—abs and lower back
• Left and right external obliques
• Quadriceps/hamstrings—quads and hams
• Forearm flexors/extensors
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.