References in periodicals archive ?
94) The Afrikaaners intended the Homelands to become, at least in theory, independent states within the territories of South Africa.
The major cities of Cape Town, Pretoria, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Pietermaritzburg, and Johannesburg have museums and strong historical ties to the Afrikaaner culture (Figure 12-11).
Sclerosteosis appears only with frequency among the Afrikaaner population in South Africa.
Around 15 years ago only Africans attended football games while cricket and rugby were for the Afrikaaners but that's all changing and it was great to see all races supporting Bafana Bafana at the Confederations Cup.
We learned about the white Afrikaaners who had similar values to the White Southerners in America during the first half of the 20th century.
They haven't had this much fun since those Afrikaaners scored 96 points against us in Pretoria in 1998.
So it was hardly the ideal condition in which to take on the Boks in their own back yard, with thousands of biltong-chewing, bearded Afrikaaners after your blood.
Afrikaaners An Afrikaan-speaking descendant of the early Dutch settlers to South Africa.
Willie John and his band of brothers stood toe-to-toe with the Afrikaaners and handed them a beating, mentally and physically, returning home without losing a match.
But all that could have been overlooked had we not had to share a swimming pool with three dozen, fat and sweaty Afrikaaners practising aqua aerobics at 11 o'clock to burn off the memory of the cabaret the night before.
The successive waves of colonization by Germans (1883-1915) and Afrikaaners (1915-1990) left about 80,000 whites in Namibia, more than half of Afrikaans origin and almost one-third of German origin.
It's true to say the Afrikaaners have always felt a strong affinity to Chekhov for those reasons.
Medical browser ?
- African Bush
- African endomyocardial fibrosis
- African Enigma
- African Green Monkey Kidney Cell
- African hemorrhagic fever
- African histoplasmosis
- African Holistic Health
- African lymphoma
- African mango
- African relapsing fever
- African rock python
- African sleeping sickness
- African subkingdom
- African swine fever
- African Swine Fever Virus
- African tick bite fever
- African tick fever
- African tick typhus
- African tick-bite fever
- African trypanosome
- African trypanosomiasis
- African Woodbine
- Africanised Bee
- Africanized honeybee
- after potential
- after ripening
- after-baby blues
- after-coming head
Full browser ?
- Africans Unite Against AIDS Globally
- Africanus, Sextus Julius
- Africentric Personal Development Shop, Inc.
- Africom Cyberspace Engagement
- Africus Institute for Contemporary Art
- Afrifa, Akwazi Amankwa
- Afrigid Culture
- Afrika Mashariki Gold Mines, Ltd.
- Afrika, Caribisch Gebied en de Stille Zuidzee
- Afrika, Karibik und Pazifischer Raum
- Afrika-Vereniging van de Rijksuniversiteit Gent
- Afrikaans Language
- Afrikaans Language
- Afrikaanse Christelike Vroue Vereeniging
- Afrikaanse Handelsinstituut
- Afrikaanse Protestante Kerk
- Afrikaanse Studente Bond
- Afrikaanse Taal en Kultuurvereniging
- Afrikaanse Taalgenootskap
- Afrikaanse Taalvereniging
- Afrikaj Indigenaj Virinaj Organizajoj
- Afrikan Bogaevskii
- Afrikan Krishtofovich
- Afrikan Kultural Arts Network
- Afrikan Nikolaevich Krishtofovich
- Afrikan Petrovich Bogaevskii
- Afrikan World Reparations and Repatriation Truth Commission
- Afrikan Youth in Norway