retinoid(redirected from 9-cis retinoic acid)
Also found in: Dictionary, Encyclopedia.
1. resembling the retina.
2. retinal, retinol, or any structurally similar natural derivative or synthetic compound, with or without vitamin A activity.
Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. Resembling a resin; resinous.
2. Resembling the retina.
3. In plural form, term used to describe the natural forms and synthetic analogues of retinol.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
Any of various natural or synthetic derivatives of vitamin A.
The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007, 2004 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
1. Vitamin A or a vitamin A-like compound.
2. Any of a class of drugs used to manage CA and other conditions–eg, hairy leukoplakia, molluscum contagiosum. See AIDS.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
A synthetic vitamin A derivative used in the treatment of a variety of skin disorders.
Mentioned in: Rosacea
Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.