230-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen, Dystonia musculorum protein | definition of 230-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen, Dystonia musculorum protein by Medical dictionary
DST (redirected from 230-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen, Dystonia musculorum protein)
Also found in: Dictionary
DST A gene on chromosome 6p12.1 that encodes dystonin, a cytoskeletal linker protein which integrates intermediate filaments, actin and the microtubule cytoskeleton network, and is required for anchoring either intermediate filaments to the actin cytoskeleton in neural and muscle cells or keratin-containing intermediate filaments to hemidesmosomes in epithelial cells. The proteins may self-aggregate to form filaments or a two-dimensional reticulum.
DST isoform 3 plays a structural role in assembling hemidesmosomes of epithelial cells; it anchors keratin-containing intermediate filaments to the inner plaque of hemidesmosomes and is required for regulating keratinocyte polarity and motility; it mediates integrin ITGB4 regulation of RAC1 activity. DST isoform 6 is required for bundling actin filaments around the nucleus. DST isoform 7 regulates the organisation and stability of the microtubule network of sensory neurons to allow axonal transport.
Defects of DST cause hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 6.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
- 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate mutase
- 2,3-Diphosphoglycerate Test
- 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
- 2,5-bis (5-t-butylbenzoxazol-2-yl)thiophene
- 2,8-dihydroxyadenine lithiasis
- 20,22-desmolase deficiency
- 21-hydroxylase deficiency
- 230-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen, Dystonia musculorum protein
- 23-hour stay
- 24 hour sleep-wake cycle
- 24-hour urine
- 24-hour virus
- 24-hr dietary recall
- 25-hydroxycholecalciferol 1alpha-hydroxylase
- 25-hydroxy-vitamin D
- 2-enoyl-CoA reductase
- 2-ketoadipic acid
- 2-ketoadipic acid dehydrogenase complex
- 2-ketoadipic acidemia
- 2-methylacetoacetyl-CoA thiolase
- 2-oxo-5-guanidovaleric acid
- 2-oxoglutaric acid