12 gauge shotguns | definition of 12 gauge shotguns by Medical dictionary
shotgun (redirected from 12 gauge shotguns)
Also found in: Dictionary
A pump-action or single shot firearm, which fires projectiles of packed shot of various diameters; shotguns are popular among hunters
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
shotgun Forensic pathology A pump-action or single shot firearm, which fires projectiles of packed shot of various diameters; shotguns are popular among hunters, and an efficient 'execution' weapon when a hit-person must address a moving target; homicide and suicide by shotgun is common in the US, but exceedingly rare in civilized countries, given the strict gun control laws. See Ballistics, Cookie cutter wounds, Drive-by shootings, Execution wounds, Gauge, Sawed-off shotgun. Cf Assault weapon, Pistol.
McGraw-Hill Concise Dictionary of Modern Medicine. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- 1,1'-dioctadecyl-3,3,3 ,3 -tetramethylindocarocyanine perchlorate
- 1,4 butanediol
- 1,4-alpha-d-glucan 6-alpha-d-glucosyltransferase
- 1,4-alpha-d-glucan-branching enzyme
- 1,4-alpha-glucan branching enzyme
- 1,5 anhydroglucitol
- 11-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase
- 11-hydroxylase deficiency
- 12 gauge shotguns
- 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate
- 12-step program
- 131I uptake test
- 13-cis-retinoic acid
- 14 C-xylose test
- 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase
- 16 Personality Factor Questionnaire