1-aminoadamantane | definition of 1-aminoadamantane by Medical dictionary
amantadine (redirected from 1-aminoadamantane)
Also found in: Dictionary
amantadine /aman·ta·dine/ (ah-man´tah-dēn) an antiviral compound used as the hydrochloride salt to treat influenza A; also used as an antidyskinetic in the treatment of parkinsonism and drug-induced extrapyramidal reactions.
A drug, C10H17, used in its hydrochloride form as an antiviral agent and treatment for Parkinson's disease.
amantadine An antiviral agent that prevents the release of viral nucleic acid into the host cells, which is most effective against influenza virus; in parkinsonism, amantadine increases presynaptic dopamine release, blocks dopamine reuptake into the presynaptic neurons and has anticholinergic effects.
Nausea, vertigo, confusion, hallucinations, anxiety, restlessness, depression, irritability, peripheral oedema, orthostatic hypotension, psychotic reaction.
Amantadine™ Therapeutics An antiviral that prevents the release of viral nucleic acid into the host cells, which is most effective against influenza virus; in parkinsonism, amantadine ↑ presynaptic dopamine release, blocks dopamine reuptake into the presynaptic neurons, and has anticholinergic effects Adverse effects Nausea, vertigo, confusion, hallucinations, anxiety, restlessness, depression, irritability, peripheral edema, orthostatic hypotension, psychotic reaction
amantadine An antiviral drug, also used to treat PARKINSON'S DISEASE. Brand names are Lysovir and Symmetrel.
- 17-hydroxycorticosteroid test
- 17-hydroxycorticosteroids test
- 17-hydroxylase deficiency syndrome
- 17-ketogenic steroid
- 17-ketogenic steroid assay
- 17-ketosteroids test
- 17-ketosteroids, total
- 18 F-FDG
- 1-acyl-sn-glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase
- 1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate dehydrogenase
- 2 -adrenoceptor agonist
- 2 H
- 2 plus 2 curriculum
- 2-(2-hydroxyphenyl)benzenesulfinate hydrolase
- 2-(4'-hydroxyazobenzene) benzoic acid
- 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo- para -dioxin
- 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate mutase
- 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate, diphosphoglycerate
- 2,3-diphosphoglycerate test
- 2,3-diphosphoglyceric acid