1-aminoadamantane | definition of 1-aminoadamantane by Medical dictionary
amantadine (redirected from 1-aminoadamantane)
Also found in: Dictionary
A drug, C10H17, used in its hydrochloride form as an antiviral agent and treatment for Parkinson's disease.
amantadine An antiviral agent that prevents the release of viral nucleic acid into the host cells, which is most effective against influenza virus; in parkinsonism, amantadine increases presynaptic dopamine release, blocks dopamine reuptake into the presynaptic neurons and has anticholinergic effects.
Nausea, vertigo, confusion, hallucinations, anxiety, restlessness, depression, irritability, peripheral oedema, orthostatic hypotension, psychotic reaction.
Amantadine™ Therapeutics An antiviral that prevents the release of viral nucleic acid into the host cells, which is most effective against influenza virus; in parkinsonism, amantadine ↑ presynaptic dopamine release, blocks dopamine reuptake into the presynaptic neurons, and has anticholinergic effects Adverse effects Nausea, vertigo, confusion, hallucinations, anxiety, restlessness, depression, irritability, peripheral edema, orthostatic hypotension, psychotic reaction
amantadine An antiviral drug, also used to treat PARKINSON'S DISEASE. Brand names are Lysovir and Symmetrel.
- 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase
- 16 Personality Factor Questionnaire
- 17-hydroxycorticosteroid test
- 17-hydroxylase deficiency syndrome
- 17-ketogenic steroid assay
- 17-ketosteroids, total
- 1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate dehydrogenase
- 2 -adrenoceptor agonist
- 2 plus 2 curriculum
- 2-(2-hydroxyphenyl)benzenesulfinate hydrolase
- 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate mutase
- 2,3-Diphosphoglycerate Test
- 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
- 2,5-bis (5-t-butylbenzoxazol-2-yl)thiophene