1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase 2 | definition of 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase 2 by Medical dictionary
AGPAT2 (redirected from 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase 2)
AGPAT2 A gene on chromosome 9q34.3 that encodes 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase 2, a member of the 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase family, which is located in the endoplasmic reticulum membrane and converts lysophosphatidic acid to phosphatidic acid, the second step in phospholipid biosynthesis.
AGPAT2 mutations cause congenital generalised lipodystrophy (Berardinelli Seip syndrome) type 1.
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
References in periodicals archive
1-Acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase 2
, also known as lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferase[beta] (LPAAT[beta]), is a member of the 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase family (17).
- 14 C-xylose test
- 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase
- 16 Personality Factor Questionnaire
- 17-hydroxycorticosteroid test
- 17-hydroxylase deficiency syndrome
- 17-ketogenic steroid assay
- 17-ketosteroids, total
- 1-acylglycerol-3-phosphate O-acyltransferase 2
- 1-pyrroline-5-carboxylate dehydrogenase
- 2 -adrenoceptor agonist
- 2 plus 2 curriculum
- 2-(2-hydroxyphenyl)benzenesulfinate hydrolase
- 2,3-bisphosphoglycerate mutase
- 2,3-Diphosphoglycerate Test
- 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid
- 2,5-bis (5-t-butylbenzoxazol-2-yl)thiophene