-ose(redirected from -osely)
Also found in: Dictionary.
1. In chemistry, a terminator usually indicating a carbohydrate.
2. Suffix appended to some Latin roots, with significance of the more common -ous2.
-osea suffix indicating that the substance is a carbohydrate.
1 suffix meaning a "carbohydrate": cellulose, lactose, sucrose.
2 suffix meaning a "primary product of hydrolysis": albumose, nucleose, myoproteose.
1. chemistry A suffix usually indicating a carbohydrate.
2. Suffix appended to some Latin stems, with significance of the more common suffix, -ous (2)
3. Suffix meaning full of, having much of.
[L. -osus, full of, abounding]