Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
1. In chemistry, a terminator usually indicating a carbohydrate.
2. Suffix appended to some Latin roots, with significance of the more common -ous2.
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
1. chemistry A suffix usually indicating a carbohydrate.
2. Suffix appended to some Latin stems, with significance of the more common suffix, -ous (2)
3. Suffix meaning full of, having much of.
[L. -osus, full of, abounding]
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
-oseSuffix denoting characterized by or full of.
Collins Dictionary of Medicine © Robert M. Youngson 2004, 2005