trough(redirected from troughed)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. A long, narrow, shallow channel or depression.
2. The lowest point in variable measurement.
trough(trof) a shallow longtudinal depression.
synaptic trough an invagination of the membrane of a striated muscle fiber, surrounding a motor end plate at a neuromuscular junction.
Etymology: AS, trog
a groove or channel, such as the gingival trough around the neck of a tooth.
troughCmin, trough serum concentration Therapeutic drug monitoring The point of minimum concentration of a drug or therapeutic agent on the SDC-vs-time curve; TSCs occur immediately before administering a drug's next dose. See MBC, MIC, Therapeutic drug monitoring, Therapeutic index. Cf Peak serum concentration.
1. Long, narrow, shallow channel or depression.
2. Lowest point in variable measurement.
1. standard equipment for feeding and watering animals.
2. an M-shaped false top to be placed on a surgical table. A small patient laid in it is propped up in the groove. Made of sterilizable material. Useful also in radiology if made of radiolucent materials.