trichomonal vaginitis

trich·o·mo·nal vag·i·ni·tis

(trik'ō-mō'năl vaj'i-nī'tis)
Acute vaginitis caused by infection with Trichomonas vaginalis, which does not invade tissues but provokes an intense local inflammatory reaction in the vagina, cervix, and sometimes the urethra; infection is sexually transmitted; symptoms include frothy green or brown discharge, vulvar itching and irritation, and dysuria.
References in periodicals archive ?
I have a related question: I see trichomonal vaginitis rarely, maybe 1 to 2 cases in a year.
Isolated cases of Trichomonal Vaginitis (TV) is seen in 13 women (13%), as part of mixed infection TV is seen in 5 women (5%), together totalling to 18 (18%).
Eight months earlier, she was given a diagnosis of trichomonal vaginitis, which resolved after a course of metronidazole.
The common infectious causes of vaginitis include anaerobic bacteria causing bacterial vaginosis (BV), vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) and trichomonal vaginitis.
Candidiasis was the common cause in groups III and IV and trichomonal vaginitis in groups I and II (Table II).
Trichomonal vaginitis was found in groups I and II (52.
Women with trichomonal vaginitis may complain of itching and soreness of the vagina and vulva, as well as burning during urination.
Chancroid (figure 12), lymphogranuloma venereum, nongonococcal urethritis, trichomonal vaginitis and pelvic inflammatory disease were rarely observed STIs.