Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
developmental toxicant teratogen.
1. Synonym(s): poisonous
2. Any poisonous agent, specifically an alcohol or other poison, causing symptoms of what is popularly called intoxication.
A poison or poisonous agent.
any poisonous agent.
1. Having the power to intoxicate.
2. An intoxicating agent, such as alcohol.
1. A noxious or poisonous substance that is formed or elaborated as an integral part of the cell or tissue, as an extracellular product (exotoxin), or as a combination of the two during the metabolism and growth of certain microorganisms and some higher plant and animal species.
2. A common misnomer for poison.
[G. toxikon, poison]
2. a poison.