spring(redirected from springless)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Etymology: AS, springan, to jump
1 a piece of resilient metal, such as a hardened coiled steel wire, that will return to its original shape after bending.
2 a resilient wire attached to a denture or other appliance.
1. A source of natural water. See Natural spring.
2. A coiled metal wire used to provide tension to mechanical devices.
3. A season between winter and summer.
spring[AS. springan, to jump]
1. The season of the year that comes after winter and before summer. Synonym: vernal
2. The quick movement of a body to its original position through its elasticity.
n a piece of metal having the physical characteristic that when bent it returns to its original shape.
n (finger spring), a short piece of wire, attached to an orthodontic appliance at one end, that serves as a lever to apply force to a tooth or teeth.
n a spiral winding of fine wire attached to an orthodontic appliance.
n See spring, auxiliary.