References in periodicals archive ?
When it comes to conscientiousness, sentience, a pinprick, you feel it.
Yet the declaration and the scientific evidence that supports it only underscore the huge disconnect between what we now know about animal sentience and how we treat other creatures.
AI with sentience fully understand emotions and can help people in this aspect especially those who are incapable of making real relationships with others.
Basically, Terrence Deacon formulates in scientific terms, making use of the concepts of thermodynamics, morphodynamics, and teleodynamics, an explanation of what so many of us have known intuitively that life, sentience, and higher order human mental processes cannot be explained in terms of computations and cybernetic processes nor can biology be derived from reduced to or predicted from physics.
Taking sentience as the basis for intrinsic value is not, however, without complications, many of which have been pointed out in criticisms of Peter Singer's utilitarian standpoint: (17) painless slaughtering, natural predation that entails pain, ethical concern getting directed at animals in pain on factory farms rather than animals in the wild who may not be feeling pain but are on the verge of extinction, and a focus on sentient individuals at the expense of attention to the larger ecosystem, which those individuals may actually be harming.
43) These are the creatures that, because of their sentience, are most likely to experience eschatological resurrection subjectively along with humans.
These words, spoken by a machine to a person, imply sentience and humanity on the part of the computer.
The prototype Alzheimer's cure developed by Will ended up augmenting intellect, reasoning and sentience in test subjects, which means that not only does the cure smuggled home by Will work on his father (watching Lithgow go from tragically baffled to impishly alert is marvellous), but it also turns Caesar, year by year, into a member of the family.
In the present study the level of sentience and cognitive awareness during the cardiac arrest and recovery phase seems incredibility plastic with rapid changes in state and, non-linear, progression to sentience.
We talk this way because people typically have what Singer and others regard as status-conferring or status- relevant properties, such as sentience, awareness, the ability to be self-directing, rationality, the capacity for judgment-sensitive attitudes, etc.
The Delicious Miss Dahl (BBC Two, 8:30pm Tuesday) was undercut by her doll-like demeanour, which hinted at sentience without ever really convincing.
coom) new Sentience system could up the HEV IQ by anticipating power demands based on the road ahead.
Medical browser ?
- sensory reeducation
- sensory registration
- sensory root
- sensory root of pterygopalatine ganglion
- sensory root of sublingual ganglion
- sensory root of submandibular ganglion
- sensory root of trigeminal nerve
- sensory stimulation
- sensory substitution
- sensory therapy
- sensory threshold
- sensory tic
- sensory tract
- sensory unit
- sensory urgency
- sensory-based language
- sensory-motor amnesia
- sensory-perceptual overload
- sensu lato
- sensu stricto
- sentience and thought
- sentinel animal
- Sentinel Clot
- sentinel event
- Sentinel Event Notification System for Occupational Risks(SENSOR)
- sentinel gland
- sentinel loop
- sentinel loop sign
- sentinel lymph node
- sentinel lymph node biopsy
- sentinel node
- sentinel node biopsy
- sentinel pile
- sentinel surveillance
- sentinel tag
- sentry dog
- Seoul virus
Full browser ?
- sententious saying
- sententious utterance
- Senter for Interkulturell Kommunikasjon
- Senter for internasjonalisering av høyere utdanning
- Senter for Klinisk Dokumentasjon
- SEnter for Miljø- og UtviklingsTudier
- Senter for Risikostyring Og Samfunnssikkerhet
- Senter for utvikling og miljø
- Senter Mot Etnisk Diskriminering
- Sentetik Iplik Fabrikalari AS
- sentience and thought
- Sentient being
- Sentient being
- Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network
- Sentient Protoplasm against Colonial Encroachment
- Sentient World Observation and Response Department
- Sentient World Simulation
- sentiment index
- Sentiment Indexes
- Sentiment Indicator
- Sentiment indicators
- Sentiment Indices