school

(redirected from secondary school)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to secondary school: Upper secondary school

school

(skūl),
A set of beliefs, teachings, methods, etc.
[O. E. scōl]

school

a group of fish or marine mammals that remain together in a coordinated fashion.

school,

n the practice of therapeutic practitioners developing and passing on their specific theoretical tenets and techniques.

school

to train a horse in dressage or Greyhounds to perform on the racetrack. See also riding school.

Patient discussion about school

Q. What is the best school for nurses in California?

A. i found a site that rank nursing schools in the U.S. , looks reliable, check it out:
http://www.nursingschools.com/articles/ranking.html

Q. How can I get my son into a normal school? He was diagnosed as autistic but he is intelligent and is able to go through normal education. But I don’t want him to be socially disconnected…

A. If done in a proper way it can be an excellent idea! Your son will flourish and will develop as best as he can. But if just moving him to a regular school without any preparation to him, class and teacher- that can end up very bad. So talk to the teacher the headmaster and councilor explain and work up a plan. Then it must be explained to the class. and don’t forget your son…he needs to understand that he might get unpleasant reactions sometimes.

Q. I don’t know how to make him responsive at least when it comes to studies in school or at home? My child is diagnosed with ADHD. He was very inattentive in his class and we do get regular complaints from the school. At home he watches cartoons that he loves and refuses to have his dinner even. He cannot sit for more than ten minutes to complete his home work. Even very minor sound distracts him from doing his homework. He has trouble paying attention to the activities he does not like. I don’t know how to make him responsive at least when it comes to studies in school or at home.

A. it takes alot of time and patience and loving. without them none of itwill never work. both from teachers and parents and friends and family.

More discussions about school
References in periodicals archive ?
In Northumberland, only 66% of pupils attend good or better secondary schools.
Good Secondary School - most of the kids leave with GCSEs.
May al-Mansouri, Wadha al-Ali and Khadija Ahmed from Al Sheema Independent Secondary School for girls described the idea behind their environmental air filter: "We care about children and the elderly who are forced to inhale cigarette smoke in closed environments.
Dunnville Secondary School had an 11 percent improvement in the overall pass rate at their school, from 65 percent last year to 76 percent in 2011.
Primary school youngsters were more likely to always use soap compared to those at secondary school.
The group was split into primary school children (aged four to 10) and secondary school (aged 11 to 18).
In that period of transition, when pupils are going to secondary school, primary and secondary teachers need to be able to talk to each other, to establish what a child has learned," he said.
AN OLD SAYING IN EDUCATION GOES, "Students learn to read in elementary school, and read to learn in secondary school.
The need for a publication that will concern itself strictly with the problems of the secondary school physical director and coach has long been felt, and it is with an awareness of many of these problems that Scholastic Coach makes its bow.
The centre headed by manager Karen Jones and youth coordinator Megan Lee, has forged links with area school boards in promoting education and business awareness at the high school level through the FedNor Secondary School Business Plan Challenge.
Thousands of children failed to get into their first-choice secondary school this year, according to a survey published today.
if you drop out of secondary school at 16, you can get a GED at 23, a two-year college degree at 30 and a four-year degree at 38.

Full browser ?