prickle(redirected from prickling)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. a small, sharp spine or point.
2. a tingling or smarting sensation.prick´ly
a. A small hard pointed outgrowth of the epidermis of a plant, in contrast to a modified plant organ such as a spine or thorn.
b. A spine, thorn, or other small sharp structure.
2. A tingling or pricking sensation: felt prickles in my leg after sitting for so long.
v. prick·led, prick·ling, prick·les
1. To feel a tingling or pricking sensation: His skin prickled with fear.
2. To rise or stand up like prickles: The hair on my neck prickled.
To cause a tingling or pricking sensation in: Tears prickled my eyes.