polyandry(redirected from polyandric)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
a form of marriage in which one woman has two or more husbands at the same time.
1. polygamy in which a woman is concurrently married to multiple men.
2. animal mating in which the female mates with more than one male.
3. union of two or more male pronuclei with one female pronucleus, resulting in polyploidy of the zygote.
1. The condition or practice of having more than one husband at one time.
2. Zoology A mating pattern in which a female mates with more than one male in a single breeding season.
pol′y·an′drous (-ăn′drəs) adj.
polyandryA form of polygamy in which a woman has two or more husbands at the same time.
polyandryMarriage to more than one man, simultaneously.
polyandrya system of POLYGAMY in which the female has several mating partners at one time. Compare POLYGYNY.
the mating of a female animal with more than one male.