phonic


Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

phonic

 [fon´ik, fo´nik]
1. vocal.

phon·ic

(fon'ik, fō'nik),
Relating to the voice or to sound.
See also: phonetic.

phonic

pertaining to voice, sounds, or speech.

phon·ic

(fon'ik)
Relating to sound or to the voice.
See also: phonetic

phonic

pertaining to the voice.
References in periodicals archive ?
Compared to the NC group, the N400 latency elicited by congruent idioms with same phonic and different shape and meaning was delayed in the SZ group ( P < 0.
They submergechildren in reading rich environments that cater for all and make phonics orreading a daily activity, no matter what age the children.
The monograph by Geert Jan van Gelder under review represents an important contribution to the study of the essential, yet greatly overlooked, subject of the phonic aspects of classical Arabic poetry.
This research study indicated that teachers in public elementary schools adapted themselves very quickly to phonic instruction; yet, they still have some unanswered questions in their minds regarding the new method.
Unlike many phonic apps, Little Lamb Phonics uses the sounds that the letters make, rather than their names, which is vital when learning phonics.
Overall, 59% (n = 2080) were identified to phonic groups represented in descending order by 40k Myotis, 50k Myotis , Big Brown Bat-Silver-haired Bat, Townsend's Big-eared Bat, Fringed Myotis, and Western Long-eared Myotis, with the remaining passes (41%, n = 1460) being deemed unidentifiable.
Starfall Learn to Fie ad offers beginning phonics instruction in the form of songs and videos, complete-the-word activities, concentration matching games, and more.
Answer on page 60 vvAllmi xed up Rearrange the letters to reveal the name of a famous Grand National-winning jockey A Phonic Bomb (3,8) Answer on page 60 Compiled by James Hill, Bryan Pugh and David Dew
Sound English is a series of five phonic books for kindergarten and for classes 1 to 5.
Now meet an even more rarefied form, the PHONIC DOUBLE VOWEL SHIFT CASCADE, a ten-step ladder running through two sounds per vowel, aAeEiIoOuU--a short (or other non-long) vowel sound followed by a long.
Peer-group recommendations to tackle quite difficult phonic constructions do not come along very often.
Electric Book comes with a very sophisticated search engine which allows full text search as well as proximity, Boolean, fuzzy and phonic searches, and searches on metadata like title, author or subject.