Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal.
misbrandedadjective Referring to a drug or device for which its producer makes false or misleading claims.
A product is regarded as mislabeled if:
• The package does not have a label containing the name and address of the manufacturer;
• Wording required by law is not prominently placed on the label;
• It contains narcotic or hypnotic substances and does not contain the statement “warning—may be habit forming”;
• It does not contain the non-proprietary or established name recognised by an official compendium;
• It does not contain adequate warning and directions for its use;
• It is dangerous to health when used in the dosage or with the frequency or duration prescribed, recommended or suggested in the labelling or advertising; or
• It purports to be an antibiotic, but does not contain the batch number.