country(redirected from line of country)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. coun·tries
a. A nation or state.
b. The territory of a nation or state; land.
c. The people of a nation or state; populace: The whole country will profit from the new economic reforms.
2. The land of a person's birth or citizenship: Foreign travel is restricted in his country.
3. A region, territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture: hill country; Bible country.
4. An area or expanse outside cities and towns; a rural area: a vacation in the country.
a. The people of a district who are eligible for jury service.
b. A jury.
6. Informal Country music.
1. Of, relating to, or typical of the country: a country road; country cooking.
2. Of or relating to country music.