line management system
line management systemA system for appraising medically qualified doctors’ performance in the UK, as advocated by the British Association of Medical Managers, in which doctors are evaluated by their immediate superior, their so-called line manager.
Line management system of appraisal
• Consultants are appraised by lead clinician or clinical director.
• Lead clinicians and clinical directors are appraised by medical director.
• Medical director is appraised by
– Chief executive regarding managerial duties;
– Appropriate clinical director regarding clinical work.