tended to be critical of historical jurisprudents
for their antipathy to
The office of jurisprudent
is concerned with the conduct of law.
14) Nasrallah has indeed declared his and his party's allegiance to Ali Khamenei, Khomeini's successor as the Supreme Guide of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the jurisprudent
entrusted with guardianship under the doctrine of wilayat al-faqih.
But the Najaf Hawza, widely seen as the leading religious academy in the Shiite world, opposed his messianic drive throughout the 1980s to spread the concept of Velayat-e Faqih, or "government by the jurisprudent
," he introduced in Iran after the Shah was driven out.
the guardianship of the jurisprudent
- and means the work of government should be overseen and guided by expert practitioners of Ja'fari law.
Mir-Hossein Mousavi has written a conciliatory letter, which was followed up by Mohsen Rezai in his own communication with the Supreme Jurisprudent
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
29 Called The Western Financial System Bankrupt And The UNSC Order Illegitimate, Thus Following Imam Khomeini's Directive That The Shi'ite Theocracy Will Impose Its Own Rule Of The Faqih On The Entire World; The Faqih - The Jurisprudent
Chosen By An Assembly Of Experts - Is Seen As The Man With The Powers Of The Prophet Muhammad And Al- Mahdi On Earth
3) As for the book's influence, aside from extensive excerpting in later love theory books, it is noteworthy (as, again, recorded in the apparatus) that several accounts found their way more or less verbatim into the Arabian Nights, including one of a debate on the relative merits of women and boys as sex partners conducted by a female jurisprudent
in Hamat in 561/1165, which al-Shayzarl claims to have attended and recorded himself.
In Ja'fari Shi'ism the VeF means the rule of the jurisprudent
- or the "Guide" who should reign while the Hidden 12th Imam is not on Earth.
The Supreme Jurisprudent
, Ali Khamenei, controls the judiciary; appoints much of the Guardian Council, which reviews parliamentary legislation; and serves as commander in chief of the armed forces.
To compare, the Safawi Shi'ite theocracy based on the Wilayat ul-Faqih (WuF) concept (rule of the highest jurisprudent
- known as Supreme Leader or Supreme Guide) represents a small minority and is only applied in one country - Iran, which leads an axis of "resistance" in the Arab region.
When the highest jurisprudent
and authority in the country's leadership issues a fatva, this will be binding for all of us to follow," he said.