Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
There's Jihoue-la-Mkoa, where we must halt for a few minutes.
Ferguson waited for Joe with a certain feeling of impatience, for even a short halt in this inhospitable region always inspires a degree of fear.
The little party now made their arrangements for sleep with perfect calmness; they did not venture to make a fire and cook, it is true, though generally done by hunters whenever they come to a halt, and have provisions.
Convinced, now, that the main party could not be at any great distance, he mounted a scout on the best horse, and sent him forward to overtake them, to warn them of their danger, and to order them to halt, until he should rejoin them.
Another quarter of an hour and the Prince will arrive and the procession will halt for the last time; after the tulip is placed on its throne, the Prince, yielding precedence to this rival for the popular adoration, will take a magnificently emblazoned parchment, on which is written the name of the grower; and his Highness, in a loud and audible tone, will proclaim him to be the discoverer of a wonder; that Holland, by the instrumentality of him, Boxtel, has forced Nature to produce a black flower, which shall henceforth be called Tulipa nigra Boxtellea.
Here we decided to halt, for we had had a hard day of it, and, if the truth were known, I think that we had all given up hope of overtaking the launch other than by the merest accident.
We had shot a deer just before our halt, and, as Taylor and Delcarte were preparing it, I walked down to the water to fill our canteens.
Still we did not halt, though by this time we should have been glad enough to do so, for we knew that when once the sun was fully up it would be almost impossible for us to travel.
They had made their halt at the distance of an arrow-flight from the bushes; but when the stranger came sufficiently nigh to show that the deep coating of red and brown, which time and exposure had given to his features, was laid upon the original colour of a Pale- face, they slowly receded from the spot, until they reached a distance that might defeat the aim of fire-arms.
Medical browser ?
- halothane-ether azeotrope
- halothane-related hepatitis
- Halsey needle holder
- Halstead, Ward C.
- Halstead-Reitan battery
- Halsted forceps
- Halsted law
- Halsted operation
- Halsted suture
- Halsted, William Stewart
- Halsted’s law
- Halsted's forceps
- Halsted's operation
- Halsted's radical mastectomy
- Halsted's suture
- Haltia, M.
- HAM syndrome
- Ham test
- Ham, Thomas Hale
- HAM-1, HAM-2
- Hamadan ass
- Hamamelis virginiana
- hamamelis water
- Hamantaschen Intoxication
- hamartoma syndrome
Full browser ?
- Halton Hills
- Halton Hills Community Support and Information
- Halton Hills Generating Station
- Halton Hills Girls Softball Association
- Halton Hills Power Partners
- Halton Hills Public Library
- Halton Housing Trust
- Halton Industry Education Council
- Halton Mens Hockey League
- Halton Natural Areas Inventory
- Halton Non-Profit Housing Corporation
- Halton North Peel Naturalist Club
- Halton Oral Health Outreach
- Halton Partners for Clean Air
- Halton Peel District Health Council
- Halton Peel Palliative Care Initiatives
- Halton People Into Jobs
- Halton Regional Police Association
- Halton Regional Police Service
- Halton Secondary School Athletic Association
- Halton Student Transportation Services
- Halton Urban Structure Plan
- Halton Village Lawn Tennis Club
- Halton Voluntary Action
- Halton with Aughton Parish Council
- Halton Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Halton-Peel Communications Association
- Halton-Peel Dental Association
- Halton-Peel Woodlands and Wildlife Stewardship
- halts her dead in her tracks
- halts her in her tracks
- halts him dead in his tracks
- halts him in his tracks
- halts it dead in its tracks
- halts it in its tracks
- halts me dead in my tracks
- halts me in my tracks
- halts someone dead in their tracks
- halts someone dead in tracks
- halts someone in their tracks
- halts someone in tracks
- halts something dead in its tracks
- halts something dead in tracks
- halts something in its tracks
- halts something in tracks
- halts them dead in their tracks
- halts them in their tracks
- halts us dead in our tracks
- halts us in our tracks
- halts you dead in your tracks
- halts you in your tracks
- Halu Mesru Savunma Kuvveti