fang(redirected from fanged)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A long tooth or tusk, usually a canine.
2. The hollow tooth of a snake through which the venom is ejected.
[A.S. fōhan, to seize]
1. a large canine tooth of a carnivore.
2. the envenomed tooth of a snake.
1. Any of the hollow or grooved teeth of a venomous snake with which it injects venom.
2. A long, sharp, pointed tooth, especially a canine tooth of a carnivorous animal, such as a dog or wolf, with which it seizes and tears its prey.
3. The root of a tooth or a pronglike division of such a root.
4. A fanglike structure, especially a chelicera of a venomous spider.
1. a sharp or pointed tooth.
2. a root of a tooth.
see dental star.